March 23, 2023

Ladder Shelf & Wall Shelf

 
I have a thing for wood and building things... 

I wouldn't call it an obsession...

I just really enjoy it.


I saw a cute shelf the other day as I was scrolling through Amazon looking for something we needed... wink, wink, ... I decided that shelf would look so cute on our bookcase in the living room. So instead of clicking to buy it... which is what most people would do... I've been guilty of that plenty of times... (ask my husband)... I hopped on lowes.com to see how much it would be to build my own. Now this option isn't always the cheapest because the cost of wood is so darn much, but its what I love to do... so I did. 

The nice thing about making your own wood projects is that you usually have left over pieces of wood so then you can just make more projects :) 



I start by drawing out my plans, figuring what kind of pieces I need and how much wood I need to buy (so I don't get too much) Once I buy it and cut it out... then the fun begins. 

I love watching a pile of wood take shape into what I've drawn in my notebook! 


Since I was driving 2 hours to pick up wood (we live way out in the country) and I've been wanting to build another wall shelf for our living room, I decided to go ahead and get the wood for that as well. 


With a little time and effort... you can make your dreams come true!

Both shelves turned out exactly as I planned! I'm not to sure about the choice of stain I used on the ladder shelf (it was a mixture of a few different kinds) but it will work for now. 

I absolutely loved how the wall shelf turned out. It's a labor of love to get the right weathered look but it turned out great!

I hope you enjoy your day!

Happy crafting!