December 7, 2018

12 Days of Christmas



Our family just started the 12 days of Christmas.
This is something that I have been wanting to do for a few years now… so finally, this is the year!
We struggle to get our kids to focus on what Christmas is really about because all they can think about are getting presents. I really want our kids to understand the true meaning of Christmas and have the Christmas spirit.
We are using the figurines from the Nativity.
I am using pieces from two different Nativity sets because I liked the different figurines and only one set came with an angel and a donkey.
 
I wrapped them in packages with parts of the Nativity story… so we read a part each night after the kids open a package. 
I found these great little boxes at Joann’s to wrap our figurines in… they are all different sizes and when I am done they all stack together for easy storage until next year.

Each figurine has a little scroll with it… each scroll has part of the nativity story printed on it so we can read it each night.
{You can find the printable for the scrolls at the end of this post.}
 
I also made tags so that we will know what day to open each package because as a mother it is hard for me to remember and keep everything straight.
{the printable for the tags is also and the end of this post}


I love watching our kids’ faces as they open each package!
They are excited and I hope they feel the spirit as we read and learn about the birth of the Savior.
There is something about opening a present every night before Christmas that makes me more excited for Christmas.









I love Christmas and I am so thankful for the Savior!
Here are the pages to print... (click on them and save to print)
 

 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you are enjoying these beautiful December days…
Merry Christmas