April 23, 2019

DIY Easter Sign {makeover}


Easter is one of my favorite holidays!
{actually I really like them all!}

I love to decorate each month and I like the decorations to be simple {and meaningful}. Its ideal to find a sign that looks and says just what you want and doesn't cost very much.... but that is rarely ever the case for me so I improvise.

Every year I come up with lists of new things I want to buy/make. This year I wanted a couple small signs to accompany my wooden bunny.

These signs were so simple to make, didn't cost much,
and turned out so cute!










I’ve made my own signs out of scrap wood before. But when I saw these little 5in.x5in. signs on sale at Hobby Lobby I knew they were perfect for my Easter signs to go with my wooden bunny. And I wouldn’t have to build them from scratch, just give them a little makeover. So I bought 2 of them!
















I really liked the finish on the outside so I left it alone. But I wanted to change the saying on front. The words were just painted on so it was easy to cover them up with 2 coats of chalk paint and then I had a blank canvas.












I cut out the wording for the new signs on black vinyl using my Cricut.

*For me choosing the font is the longest and
hardest part.











Transferring the wording was a little tricky because of the frame on the outside but it wasn’t terrible.

It’s mostly centered and straight.













The best part is pealing off the transfer paper and seeing it all finished.

(Then staring at it to make sure you still like the font you chose)











This was one of the easiest signs I've made! 

Hippity Hop!