April 17, 2019

Hoppy Easter {wooden bunny}


I love spring! I love the green grass! And I love the warm weather!

I’ve been working on these cute wooden bunnies... last year I wanted to make one but never got the chance. This year I got it started but not finished, yet anyways.

I found an outline that I liked on the computer and printed it out to the size I wanted. I found some 2x2 wood scraps (that are actually 1.5x1.5) and I also brought one 6 footer for a second bunny. I had some 1/4 inch plywood squares that I used as the backing.

I cut the 2x2’s into short lengths, glued them to the 1/4 inch plywood, traced out the pattern of my bunny and then screwed them into place from the back.

-tip: it was a good idea to screw them in because the glue didn’t hold very good when I cut them out

I cut them out using a scroll saw and a band saw.
(make sure to use the right safety equipment when using tools and you are responsible for the risk of injury)

It was a bit time consuming cutting them out... there were a lot of nooks and crannies... but it was so worth the effort when I got done. I used a palm sander to smooth up the edges and some scrap sandpaper for the spots it couldn’t sand.

I love the way it turned out! I just can’t decide to leave it natural or finish it with some paint or stain.... to many choices!

Have a fabulous Easter!