October 1, 2022

DIY Shirts

 


Hello there! 

I know it’s been a while to say the least. We’ve had a crazy year!!… our oldest left for college, our second child is a senior, one child learned to drive and got her license, and our last child is in young women’s. It doesn’t seem to slow down, EVER! But we’re making it one beautiful day at a time :) 

…So I want to share what we’ve squeezed in…

Tshirts have been a big trend for a while now and we’ve made a few this year. (I’ve actually been making personalized tshirt’s for about 20 ish years as Father’s Day gifts with the grandkids handprints, so it’s not new for me but there are a lot of really cool products to play with now, so it’s even better!!)

It’s so fun to pick the tshirt style you like and put whatever you want on it. 

*I personally like the Belle+Canvas Triblend heathered tshirts from Jiffy.com. They are super soft, don’t shrink, and fit me well. But we’ve also used cotton tshirts from Walmart and they work just as good. Any blank T-shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, or long sleeve shirt will work. I just ordered a couple of these heathered long sleeve shirts from Amazon and they are great!! Super soft and they fit great!

Now you have to make some choices…

     -stencil, freehand, or Cricut (some kind of cutting machine) 

     -paint or vinyl

     -screen printing or iron on vinyl or stenciling 

There are many different ways so just choose what works best for you, including how much you want to spend.

* I’ve done a little bit of the iron on vinyl and I love how it turns out (clean smooth lines and design) but we like the option of paint colors you can’t get in vinyl. So our go-to method is painting with stencils. We make the stencils using removable vinyl and our Cricut, then choose the color out of the large supply of craft paints we already have. (I have made stencils out of a few other things like freezer paper, card stock, and contact paper but they’re harder to work with… the lines don’t come out quite as clean as the removable vinyl so it’s our go-to method)

A little time and effort… 

…and… 

…voilĂ … 

you have a cute tshirt you made ;) 


I'm a bit obsessed!