February 3, 2020

DIY {Dollar Store} Valentine Magnets



February, the month of LOVE

When I first saw these wood heart stickers 

I thought they would make the cutest magnets. 

I have a thing for magnets!

They are only about 1 1/2 -2 inches. 

My Mom gave me these hearts but you can 

find them at Dollar Tree in a package of 8 {I think}

They are already super cute!...

so you don't have to do anything else with them if 

you don't want and just add a magnet to the back. 


here's how I made mine:

#1-   buy your magnets

#2-  paint clear fingernail polish over them 
{it will help keep the glitter on the glittery ones 
and it also keeps the writing from bleeding if you decide
 to write words on the plain hearts like I did}

#3- once the nail polish is dry write words with a sharpie marker

#4- paint clear fingernail polish over the words you wrote

#5- peel off the little white sticker tab on the back 

#6- glue a magnet on the back

once they're dry...
put them on a magnet board
or your fridge to hold all the cute valentines your kids make you. 


If you don't like the traditional valentine colors
you could paint them or stain them.

Instead of magnets you could also drill a hole, tie some ribbon on
and use them as tags for your valentine gifts.

The possibilities are endless!

{and for only $1.00 you can't beat this easy project}





I hope you enjoy this easy project!

Thanks for stopping by!!